What is CSS?
The CSS (Cascading Style Sheets), in Spanish Cascading Style Sheets, was developed by W3C in 1996.
It is called Cascading Style Sheets because the characteristics are applied from top to bottom by rules that have a priority scheme.
This specification is a graphic design language that is written within the HTML code of the website and allows you to create pages in a more exact way and apply styles (colors, margins, shapes, fonts, etc.) so that you have greater control of the final results.
What is CSS for?
CSS technology is designed to mark the separation of the content of web pages and the way they are presented. What generates multiple benefits, such as:
- present the final document in different styles (screen, voice, print);
- have a responsive website;
- avoid making files too heavy;
- define the visual style of an entire website. Thus, if we change one page, they will all change automatically;
- work with standards and separate (to some extent) the structure of the presentation achieving a more defined work;
- provides more flexibility and control in website specifications;
- simplifies page creation.
How are CSS and HTML linked?
HTML and CSS have a very strong relationship between them, since HTML is a markup language (it forms the basis of a website) and CSS defines the style of the page (all the aesthetic part).
Although Cascading Style Sheets are not essential, they are important to give your website shape and appearance. If you only use HTML your page will look naked and will not stand out from the competition.
Why is it worth implementing on a website?
The advantages of using Cascading Style Sheets are numerous, some of which we already mentioned before and others we will tell you below:
- the ability to make visual modifications in one place (without having to edit all the HTML documents separately);
- the ease of organizing and making changes;
- allowing pages to download faster;
- by separating the accessibility and scannability of the content is improved;
- the simplicity to create versions depending on the devices (tablets, smartphones or mobile devices, among others), etc.
Although the use of CSS may not seem so important, it is! Its execution allows you to improve your SEO and positioning techniques , which is crucial for a Digital Marketing strategy .
CSS was created to work in conjunction with HTML. And due to the concept it uses (the separation of presentation and content), CSS technology has a very broad standard, with very great specifications, benefits and possibilities.
Today you will find CSS in most web pages, since it is as important a requirement as the markup language itself, do not stop implementing it on your website!
Did you like the article and do you want to know other interesting topics?